Hello, Everybody and welcome. Thanks for buying so many products through my links. You Rock! Today I am taking a look at how to recognize and treat Pug dog allergies.
There are three main causes of allergies. The food allergy, flea bite or insect allergy and the airborne allergies. If your little Pug is coughing, sneezing or wheezing pay close attention. Your little dog may be having some difficulty breathing. This can be a serious problem, especially with the Pug breed.
An allergic skin disease is totally frustrating for owners and their dogs. There can be sneezing, coughing, skin irritation, runny eyes or inflammation. It normally requires frequent visits to the vet and long-term topical and oral medication that often takes a long time to clear Pug dog allergies.
When your dog starts scratching his ears this may be a signal that there is an infection. Yeast infections are very common and are as a result of an allergy. There will be muck and your dog's ears will smell awful.
If you notice that your pug is continually licking his paws then your little friend is probably experiencing an allergic reaction. There can be occasional to frequent and even extreme licking that may lead to biting. Check the skin between the paws for breaking or moisture build up. When there's an infection the skin will be a color ranging from pink to red.
Biting or scratching on any area of the body is a sure sign your dogs suffering from allergies. Common areas will be the neck, insides of legs, chin and, tail. This kind of scratching may break the skin and set off an infection. This is known as a hot spot and of left untreated will spread rather quickly.
Skin irritation often occurs in the wrinkles on a pug’s face. He may begin to use his paws to rub the face. Pugs suffering from a rash often rub their faces on sofas or carpets.
Actually, it's not the flea bite itself that causes most of the itching, it's the saliva. Your Pug starts scratching. This often leads to infection. Even a few of fleas on your dog can turn into a serious issue.
A constant itch might cause your little associate to take the skin off his body. If this will cause bleeding, scabbing and bare patches then it's time to treat pug dog allergies before they get worse.
Your Pugs skin might be itching because he has allergic dermatitis. Your little friend will be biting and scratching at the affected area.
The skin will be red and small bumps will appear. Sticky areas may ooze and scabs may develop. There may be scales that look like dandruff and the skin will be warm to the touch.
Used in combination with other treatments can make them an antihistamine more effective. Omega-3 fatty acids are also very beneficial in the treatment of allergies in dogs.
New studies have shown that when omega-3 fatty acids are used in tandem with other treatments, such as antihistamines, the use of steroids can be decreased or discontinued.
There may be areas of dry, irritated skin known as hot spots. Dry, itchy skin will cause your Pug to paw and chew at the infected area. This only makes it more sensitive and irritated. If the skin breaks open, infection will possible set in.
A Pug that is constantly scratching might have a food problem. Internal Pig dog allergies are a reaction like diarrhea or vomiting because of something your little dog has eaten.
Around 12% of dogs that have allergies have an intolerance to their food. A change to his diet can be the solution.
If you decide to switch to another brand of dog food give him the food in moderation and watch for any possible reaction. Look for an increase in the amount of scratching your Pug is doing.
Limit your walks and offer plenty of water so that your dog can re-hydrate until your Pug has recovered.
Pugs, often react to allergens like pollen, dander, mold spores or dust mites. Other Pug dog allergies may be a reaction to household cleaning products, fabrics, perfumes or rubber materials.
Atopy (air born allergy) is by far the most common cause of allergies in dogs. It often begins as a seasonal issue, but it can turn into a year-round problem.
Try to discover the cause of this kind of allergy. The longer your Pug is exposed, to whatever is irritating him the more the sensitivity and reaction will grow.
Demodectic (Red Mange) sometimes occurs in Pugs aged between 4 and 10 months. The condition is inherited. It's passed from mother to puppy.
Mange is a mite. Your Pugs immune system keeps these mites dormant until a trauma occurs. When this happens your dog's natural immunity is lowered. This will cause the mites to multiply.
Your Pug may loose patches of hair from the area around his eyes. In this case the exposed skin does not itch. In another more serious form, the hair loss is limited to the area around the feet.
This form causes infection, accompanied by pain, swelling, and some drainage. If the dog is not given an antibiotic the area will crust over and ooze pus.
Steroid therapy (prednisone) is often prescribed to treat pug dog allergies. This medication does relieve symptoms. Steroids are safe to use in the short-term but the risk of side effects increases the longer a dog is on them.
Topical therapy consists of shampoos, rinses and anti-itch solutions. These offer immediate, but short-term relief. I recommend bathing dogs with these kinds of allergies at least once every two weeks with a colloidal oatmeal or another hypoallergenic dog shampoo.
This infection affects the dog's coat, toenails, or skin. It's caused by fungi transmitted from other dogs or from the dirt. You will notice a fast spreading, round area of hair loss.
To treat this problem its best to wash and disinfect or throw out all of your dog's collars, bedding, leashes and anything else he may come in contact with. Include a thorough cleaning of your home with a strong disinfectant.
Like teenagers, young Pugs may suffer from acne. Small pimples may be seen on the dog's chin. You can use cleaning pads to clean up the area and stop new outbreaks.
Try washing the affected area with an antibacterial shampoo every morning. If this fails to clear the pimples or if there's no improvement within a week, see your veterinarian.
Wouldn't be nice if a dog could tell you what's going on?